What to look for when choosing an Electrician.
With new homebuilding in a current major slump and lost jobs especially in the construction and contracting fields, many homeowners are turning to do-it -yourself home projects and repairs. While I my self have had to do many of my own home improvements and repairs, there are a few things I know better to leave to the professionals. For me Plumbing is something better left for a licensed Plumber, and most would agree Electrical repairs, up-grades, design and installation is a job better left for a Licensed Electrician. For most of us the thought of installing and wiring a new circuit for a new appliance, or replacing an old ceiling fan, is probably unlikely, if not for any reason other then proper safety and code issues. So, how can you find and choose a reputable, affordable and knowledgeable electrician.
Most people today will search online for an electrician, and there is no shortage of electrical contractors, and companies to choose from. However, as tempting as it might be to choose the first company on your Google search page, there are some additional things to look for when choosing the right electrician:
- Is your Electrician Licensed, Bonded, Insured
- Does the Electrical Contractor current or unresolved complaints with the Registrar of Contractors or the BBB
- Is the Electrician accredited with the BBB
- Is the Electricians website informative and easy to navagate
- Does the Electricians website have customer reviews, and contact information readily available
- Can you speak with the Electrician personally when contacting the company
One final thought, remember this rule: Most people will tell one or two people if they had a good experience with a company, however; if that same person has a bad experience with a company theywill tell 25 people.
Comments are subject to moderation
Copyright 2010 Rick Advanced Electric LLC